Monday 25 July 2011

Prologue: Police Love Story


PROLOGUE (THE POLICE LOVE STORY)

‘Just one more kiss officer’ he said holding her closely, his fingers dovetailing behind her, and his strong arms encircling round her slim waist line.
She looked at him closely for some few seconds, then gave him a quick kiss on the lips, wriggling out of his embrace at the same time.
‘Satisfied?’ she asked, her hands akimbo. They are standing by the road side on Adeniran Ogunsanya, his car parked some meters away. Her  police team are also  parked opposite the road in two black pick up vans. They seemed enmeshed in serious discussions, but she knew they were watching.
‘Honey I’m at work, and I am not comfortable kissing you in front of my subordinates’
‘Look dear, it’s an opportunity to teach them something-teach them about love’
Oh Mr. lover boy, you think you are the only one in love with your wife? She broke into a sweet smile.
‘I don’t know…but I know that I am that man who married the most beautiful woman in the world. I am the luckiest man that ever lived.’
‘There you go again…’ She could feel her heart swell with love and happiness. She feels very special with him. He pulled at her hands gently.
‘How about a quick early dinner, then we see a film later in the evening, and we have the whole night to ourselves’ he made the motion of the bed creaking in a funny gesture and busted out laughing.
‘Stop embarrassing me in public will you? She feigned anger
‘Then come inside the car for some exciting private moment’
‘We’ve been together virtually all day, I have to go or I could be late’
‘ I want more of you’ He said his eyes twinkling
‘You have all of me’
‘Okay smart girl! I want you back by 5pm’
‘Yes sir! Now pretty boy, I will do better than that, I will drop in at 12noon for a quick lunch and a raunchy kissing session. Make sure you home’
He pulled her lithe ebony body slowly towards him and place a long kiss on her lips. ’That’s what you get for talking smart’
She suddenly busted into laughter, then he joined her. They held each other for some time.
‘I love you’ He whispered
‘I love you more’ She whispered back.
‘I love you most’ He countered.
‘I love you most, most’ she cooed.
‘I love you scatter, and that’s final!’ they busted into another laughing spree. An elder woman walking by gave them a smile.
‘I think they know us already’ He whispered
‘They call us the love birds’
‘Hmm’ he said thinking about one of their exciting nights.
‘Hmm what?’
‘Hmm nothing’
“Get serious for once’
‘Seriously one more kiss’
‘I will prefer the privacy of the car’ she said.
He released her hands and she immediately crossed to the other side of the road, towards where the police vans are parked. She blew him a kiss laughing naughtily.
‘Your punishment will be fifty kisses’ he whispered to her.
She smiled back and gave him a smart salute. She stepped inside the van’s passenger seat and the team sped off.

Ramsey stood watching the exit of the vehicles. He smiled to himself.
He had married an angel.

No comments: